[wp-polyglots] tinymce translation fix

Ralf Schmitt ralf.schmitt at 1und1.de
Thu Apr 19 07:09:34 GMT 2007

On Wed Apr 18, 2007 at 23:14 -0700, Mohd Tarmizi wrote:
> In relpy to the thread: "tinymce translation fix"
>

> The problem is that WordPress needs the tinymce language files to be named in *lowercase* letters. So if you have
> the language code "de" with the country code "DE", the gettext file would be named "de_DE.po", but the tinymce language files should be named "de_de.js". Check out this Codex page: http://codex.wordpress.org/Files_for_direct_translation#TinyMCE_files

Yes indeed! Now the language files for the tinymce are looked up in lowercase (de_de.js)
because wordpress uses $language for the filename creation. In earlier versions
of wordpress they used $locale for that which had an uppercase country code part (de_DE.js)
like common system locales.

> So the patch probably won't be needed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The patch is not needed if you rename all you tinymce language files to lowercase when
you are on wordpress > v2.0.X

I think the wordpress guys will find a solution for this which will check both
file names.

regards
Ralf