[wp-polyglots] Romanian translation and some questions about PO file elements

Andrei Maxim andrei at andreimaxim.ro
Thu May 18 08:50:07 GMT 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to translate Wordpress to Romanian as the current ro.mo file is
somewhat lacking (the day and month names shouldn't start with capital
letter, there are no glyphs in the text and some words are misspelled, the
text for some buttons is too long, etc). Also, there isn't a PO file, just
the ro.mo, available at some web design company's website.

Therefore, I started translating Wordpress to Romanian and I have some
questions regarding the PO file:

   - there are some elements like "Jan_January_abbreviation" or
   "S_Sunday_initial". How should these be translated? Just the
   abbreviation/initial like "I" or "D", or the entire string (in my case, it
   would be Ian_Ianuarie_abreviere)?
   - After I finish my PO file, is there anything else I should be doing
   before making it available for the public? Is there a person that would
   check my translation or something?

And, of course, is there anyone else here speaking Romanian other than me?
Is the romanian .po file available?

Thanks

Andrei Maxim
http://andreimaxim.ro