[wp-polyglots] Trying to translate a plugin

Nicolás Fantino nfantino at 100px.com
Tue Feb 28 19:27:13 GMT 2006

Hi!

Maybe I have missed or misunderstood something but, as far I know, this
mailing list was created in order to coordinate the i18n efforts of all
the translation teams... I don't see nothing that support the idea of to
create pages on the codex to do this... in fact, *the codex (or any wiki
system) is not the correct tool to coordinate or discuss nothing (nor
people teams)*. Let us leave this to the DISCUSSION list or, at least, a
forum system.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong but, from the beginning of this list,
it's supposed that any idea, requirement or any other things related
specifically with the internationalization of WP SHOULD be posted and
discussed here... so, the dev team SHOULD read this list to know and
consider them...  and, we needn't to read or/and write "here, there and
everywhere". In a few words, don't misuse the tools: no codex, nor chat
(which requires a previous meeting to set up the "real meeting" date
between people from all the world) to coordinate people efforts.

Following with the discussion, I'm not really sure about the need of
involving the plugin's creators into the i18n efforts... at least, not
if they don't want it! The requirements and steps to get i18n a plugin
are so clear and simples and they are fully accesibles at Codex. I think
that any plugin developer that want to i18n should be capable of search
and find the correct documentation or, at least, to figure how gettext
works. BTW, I note that the WP core is looking for "break" with all
plugins (excepting the backup and "Hello Dolly" ones) so I'm not sure
*whether the official translation teams should do anything out of the
core files or not*.

In other order of things... I don't want to create a bad feeling nor
something like this but, I don't think that we really need any
"coordinator of coordinators" *but one person that already be part of
the WP core development team*... anyway, thank you so much for your
efforts, I'm sure you have the best of intentions.

Well, that's all (until now ;))

Greetings!

N :o)))