[wp-polyglots] Suggestions for better localizations

Stefano steagl at people.it
Fri Feb 17 16:21:16 GMT 2006

Il Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:41:46 -0500, "S.K" <skichu at gmail.com> scrive:

>Now I wish to know how to add strings to the pot file in rspect of a
>few i18n instances found in certain plugins I use. Should I use a text
>editor or is there any other method?

Plugins and theme don't hve to have theyr stings in the WP po files...
maybe the plugin is not fully internationalized missing the
load_plugin_texdomain() function. I think that if a plugin is already
internationalized it's better you contatc the author to get the pot
and generte the plugin .po and .mo files

>And I find another .pot file called "theme.pot". Where should I put
>the resultant .mo file from this pot - language folder or the theme
>folder (wp-content)?

nowhere, the theme in the wp distro is not internationalized, then
generating the .po and .mo files and putting them in the theme dir
won't work. There should be a gettexted version around but not sure
where to find it. Maybe another lnguage tema has made it.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it