[wp-polyglots] translation prob technorati

Ralf Schmitt ralf.schmitt at schlund.de
Mon Aug 28 08:19:20 GMT 2006

Hi list,

yust want to inform you that I've found another
translation issue on wordpress 2.0.4.

It is related to the "dashboard->Incoming Links"
feature! I don't know what this feature does but
technically there is http request and some xml
parsing magic made by wordpress.
So the problem with this is, that the returning
xml can have an item
"<title>No results found</title>" which is directly
shown on dashboard in every language!

So here is a little patch I wrote to map this message
to the local gettext language file.

wp-admin/index.php

line 28

echo wp_specialchars($item['title']

patched to

($item['title'] == 'No results found') ? _e('No results found.') :
print(wp_specialchars($item['title']));

any better patches are welcome!

regards

Ralf