[wp-polyglots] plugin translation

Stefano steagl at people.it
Thu Aug 3 11:36:41 GMT 2006

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:43:44 +0200, Ralf Schmitt
<ralf.schmitt at schlund.de> wrote:

>Hi erveryone,
>
>I want to start translating some plugins to german
>and french. For now I've planned:
>
>- to put every plugin in a subdirectory of plugins/
>  (plugins/pluginname/pluginname.php)

Insert the:

load_plugin_textdomain(domain, path)

declaration at the top of the lugin

>- wrap every string of a plugin with __() or _e()

with it's specifical text domain

>- create for every plugin a .po file
>
>- compile the mo file for every plugin
>
>- put the compiled mo file to the plugins subdirectory

An you have done, consider soem plugin already have been
internationalized and miss just the language file, would be nice
coordinate all this here so we could have a large libray of
internationalized plugins.

Contact tha authoers of plugins to check if they woudl like to have
them to distrubute them directly in theyr site so future version wont'
need to be internationalized again, my expirience says that 1 of 2 of
the plugin authors will be happy for this, other often never mind to
answer at all

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it