[wp-polyglots] the new 2.0 pot file

Stefano steagl at people.it
Wed Nov 23 16:02:03 GMT 2005

Il Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:24:09 +0100, Xavier Borderie
<xavier at borderie.net> scrive:

>> Is Wordpress 2 pot file different from wordpress 1.x??
>
>Seems to me that the classic theme strings are now in the POT. Are the
>two default themes localized now ?

The default is localized ) i think it is untouched from 1.5x) and
unfortunatly is localized without using the domain its domain name
space. So all new theme developper that use it as a base (at least for
the strings to insert, generate theme with same localization that need
an heavy works to make them fulli i18ed...

Same for the plugins, look like that all the fever about localization
it's gone and not in the todo list of WP developpers. It's a common
problem for english projects that with no effort have a large audience
by themself and then they get enlighcentric missing to reach lot of
people (particulary the unexpirince ones).

I fully localized some themes, some authour never answered tome when i
sent them the info and the theme/plugin internationalized and with
it_IT locale other did. But the effort to internationalize a theme or
plugin are lot more than just a localization.

Maybe at wordpress.org there is a need for a theme/plugin i18n
"evangelist" tme ago i wrote twice to Matt telling I was available to
help about this if necessary... no answer.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it
Sites: http://www.40annibuttati.it
       http://www.wordpress-it.it