[wp-polyglots] Two matters for the Polish translation

Paweł Tkaczyk p.tkaczyk at midea.pl
Sun May 29 21:21:41 GMT 2005

Hi there,

I am working on improving the Polish translation of WordPress. There are
several issues I can't resolve on my own. I am not a skilled programmer, I
can modify a PHP code when it's not too complicated and I can read it as long
as it does not contain many regexp ;-)

1. "th" in the date. It is not necessary, how do I get rid of it?

2. In Polish grammar it is incorrect to leave single letters ('i' meaning
'and', 'o' meaning 'about' and so on) at the end of the line. There are not
many of them (a, i, o, u, w, z - that's it plus uppercase). A single regex
replacing the string "space/one of the letters/space" with "space/one of the
letters/ " would solve the issue. But I can't write it on my own... Help
would be appreciated.

3. Polish opening quotes are different from US ones. I solved this by
replacing every occurence of the opening quote's code (&#8220 if I remember
correctly) with Polish opening quote code. I know it's an ugly hack, but
works for me (I don't need US opening quote at all). Is there a better way to
handle this?

I'd like Polish version of WordPress to not only have the vocabulary, but to
take advantage of all the possibilities of English version. As soon as I
finish it, I will post it to Matt to distribute it.

TIA for your help :)
--
Paweł Tkaczyk
MIDEA - agencja reklamowa  http://www.midea.pl