[wp-polyglots] Localization and feeds - problem?

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Sat May 14 18:11:50 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

I saw this at http://codex.wordpress.org/Talk:Localizing_WordPress
Could someone who knows the ins and outs do what is required with the
following information?
<quote>
Localization and feeds

Well I'm not sure this is the best place where to write this, but it
has to do with Localization implementation and Wordpress so I'm
writing anyway... There's a concept trouble with localized feeds in
WP: it asks for get_the_time (or get_post_time in 1.5.1) when filling
the pubDate element of RSS and the like. Well this leads to trouble
with some newsreaders (bloglines just to say one) that cannot
recognize formats different from numerical (as in
2005-05-14T12:00:05+0000) or English. I suggest modifying the RSS and
Atom template in future releases. No idea what to do in the meanwhile
though. I wrote more on the subject (also with the code fix) here:
http://www.codewitch.org/archives/2005/05/wordpress_local.html
</quote>

Carthik.

--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net