[wp-polyglots] New build.sh script

K Suominen ksuominen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:59:26 GMT 2005

Hi!

I've modified the build.sh script in the fi_FI repository to work with
the standard UTF-8-only repository layout as defined in:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Localizing_WordPress#Repository_file_structure

To build a localized distribution you can call it like this:

sh /u/kim/build.sh wordpress-1.5 /pub/wp/latest.tar.gz /u/kim/i18n/fi_FI/trunk

The different components are:

/u/kim/build.sh: where you downloaded build.sh

wordpress-1.5: the prefix for the tar.gz and zip files

/pub/wp/latest.tar.gz: where you downloaded "latest.tar.gz", the original distro

/u/kim/i18n/fi_FI/trunk: the directory with the localized files

Given the above command it will create the following files in the
current directory:

wordpress-1.5-fi_FI.tar.gz
wordpress-1.5-fi_FI.zip

The language code "fi_FI" is automatically extracted from the
directory name (the last component in the example command line).

You can create packages for multiple languages in one run, for example:

sh build.sh wordpress-1.5 /pub/wp/latest.tar.gz /u/kim/i18n/*/trunk

I'd like to extend the script to work with multiple locales using
automatic conversion, rather than pre-committed files.  Any opinions
on that?  I'd like to automate creating an "encoded" version as well,
that uses HTML entities.  (Just need to figure out the necessary
support for email messages.)

Regards,
+ Kim