[wp-polyglots] Saying "hi" (Offering Dutch nl_NL translation)

Max max at DoeNietZoMoeilijk.nl
Sun Mar 13 08:34:31 GMT 2005

On 12-mrt-05, at 13:00, Xavier Borderie <xavier.borderie at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I'd like to know if someone is actively doing a translation in Dutch
>> (nl_NL). If not, I could do just that. I know there was a Dutch .mo
>> for
>> 1.2, but I haven't found anything for 1.5.
>
> As far as I can see, there is a nl_NL effort underway in Rosetta :
> https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta/products/wordpress/wordpress-1.5
> It was last update 2005-03-03, so I guess it's still running.
> You can read the contributors names here :
> https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta/products/wordpress/wordpress-1.5/
> nl_NL
> (login needed)
> If you need a login, just create a regular Ubuntu account, if I recall
> correctly :
> https://www.ubuntulinux.org/join_form

Ah, I thought Rosetta wasn't reachable, but it turns out that it's just
Safari that has issues with it (can anyone confirm/deny this?). I can
reach it with FireFox.
Well, that changes things of course, no point in starting a new
translation when there is one.

To the Dutch translators: are you reading this? Can I just join in and
start translating away or are there certain areas you'd like to see
done first?

>> (meanwhile, a total idiot's guide to svn would be appreciated -- I've
>> toyed with CVS, so I think I've got the basics covered. Just a quick
>> "this is how you checkout, this is how you checkin" kinda guide).
> Download and install TortoiseSVN, that will make it all a snap.
> http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/download.html

That's a Windows app, that won't work on my Mac =]
I'll look around, but I don't mind using command line tools so I think
I'll just use the standard tools.

> Also, the O'Reilly SVN book is free, and the first few chapters are
> all you need to know to commit and update :
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Ah, there, thanks for the pointer!

Max