[wp-polyglots] String changes and branching

Stefano steagl at people.it
Sat Mar 12 19:23:36 GMT 2005

Il Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:55:27 -0600, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> scrive:

>http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1088
>
>To get this and some other string changes that will break compatibility
>between 1.5 and 1.5.1, let's consider creating a 1.5 branch and moving
>1.5.1 i18n development forward on the trunk.  I can put revision 4 of
>the pot file in pot/branches/wordpress-1.5.  I notice that some locales
>have 1.5 specific acitivity going on.  That can also be put in a branch.
>
>We need to decide on branch and tag names.  Ideally we should keep WP
>release tags consistent across repositories.  I'll bring it up on the
>hackers list.

hmmm till now all the changes to WP 1.5 were essential for
localization, not getexted strings, difference between the pot string
and the one in the code etc. I always considered this only for 1.5.1
version and I supposed that the various locale version that  will be
put onlin in official ways was aimed to 1.5.1 version.

FOr it_IT we actually have available to public on the devoted site
(www.wordpress-it.it) only the .mo files, maked as a beta version.

We didn't realese any WP modified files nether the readme.html tha's
not a "core" file.

For our point of view we practically don't care for 1.5 transalted,
people can use the .mo file accepting to have some text untraslated.
For people that want a full translated verion there will be the 1.5.1
package.

I put online files of WP modified like update.php that has the error
message on die translated, but i conseider it a 1.5.1 release.

Maybe we could create a 1.5 brach and let single locales that have
activity on 1.5 can move theyr files there, for other like us we will
continue to keep files and stuff on the main trunk, so any name and
tags for 1.5 will be ok for us. :)

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)