[wp-polyglots] Common Mistakes

Stefano steagl at people.it
Mon Mar 7 09:31:57 GMT 2005

Il Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:38:24 +0100, "Albert Holm"
<albert+wppoly at cdr.se> scrive:

>Den 2005-03-07 03:22:29 skrev K Suominen <ksuominen at gmail.com>:
>
>> Please use entities when regenerating the fi_FI.mo file, so that it
>> can be used with both UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1.
>>

>Is it possible to use a .mo that is ISO-8859-1 with the admin interface
>that is UTF-8? Wouldn't a better approach be to maintain the UTF-8
>translation and then by script change the header and convert it to
>ISO-8859-1 for those that absolutely refuse to switch to UTF-8?

This should be a good way, we ftook another approach for it_IT, we
used only entities, so chars encoding doens't matter, take a bit more
attention writing the translation, u can't search for accented chars
in the .mo file unless u use entities too.. but make all play smoothly
and without wgetting mad about this topic.

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)