[wp-polyglots] Locale Directory Structure

Morgan Doocy morgan at doocy.net
Mon Mar 7 03:23:14 GMT 2005

On Mar 6, 2005, at 6:03 PM, K Suominen wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand what the benefit was from this, Morgan.  We
> don't have a centralized packaging system yet, as far as I can tell,
> so there was no need to do this unilaterally without consulting with
> me.
>
> The only result from the "re-organizaition" is that the tools I
> contributed no longer work, and my own automation between my CVS repo
> and the SVN repo is broken.
>
> I tend to think I'm a reasonable person who can work together with
> other people.  I don't find the "Kim, you'll have to update your
> makefiles" a co-operative approach.  Any particular reason why you
> decided there should be no discussion with me, the maintainer of that
> part of the repository?
>
> Regards,
> + Kim

Kim,

I apologize if I jumped the gun. I feel that a unified naming
convention is important in the repository file structure, but I confess
that I forgot about your makefiles until immediately after the changes
were made, and for that I apologize.

Since we don't have an automated system yet, it's not strictly speaking
necessary to adhere to one convention. If you'd really prefer sticking
to the previous structure, I'd be happy to revert the changes for you
until such time as it becomes absolutely necessary to restructure.

That said, I would prefer that all locales adapt to this structure, as
it seems the most likely candidate for the way automated packaging will
work moving forward. If you'd prefer reverting for now, keep in mind
that fi_FI's makefiles will likely need to be adapted at some point,
and perhaps more than once.

Didn't mean to cause any ill will. Let me know if you'd like me to
revert the changes.

Morgan