[wp-polyglots] Common Mistakes

Morgan Doocy morgan at doocy.net
Fri Mar 4 05:40:41 GMT 2005

I've been seeing a lot of PO files making the same two mistakes, so I
went through the repository and corrected all instances of them.
Corrections made were as follows:

- zh_CH: removed all ↵ and • characters. Note that I could not recreate
the MO file, because line 213-214 is missing the translation for "New
user registration on your blog %1$s\n". Also removed "_*_abbreviation"
from the month abbreviation translations, and "_*_initial" from the
weekday initial translations. (Note that these still aren't actually
translated, the message strings had just been copied literally.)

- de_DE, cs_CZ, fi_FI: removed "_*_abbreviation" from the month
abbreviation translations, and "_*_initial" from the weekday initial
translations.

- sv_SE: removed "_*_abbreviation" from the month abbreviation
translations.

- it_IT: removed two ↵'s

Explanations:
- "*_*_abbreviation":
http://codex.wordpress.org/Localizing_WordPress#Month_abbreviations
- "*_*_initial":
http://codex.wordpress.org/Localizing_WordPress#Weekday_initials
- ↵ and • in Rosetta:
http://codex.wordpress.org/
Localizing_WordPress#Translating_with_Rosetta (just added now)

With the exception of zh_CN, I regenerated all MO files for those
locales that were corrected.

Morgan