[wp-polyglots] gettext default theme

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Feb 28 17:00:35 GMT 2005

We still need to setup a theme textdomain.

The gettext default theme needs to call load_theme_textdomain() at the
top of each top-level file.  Top-level files are those that are loaded
directly from wp-blog-header such as index.php, archive.php, etc.
Pretty much every file except header.php, footer.php, and
searchform.php.  We need to pick a textdomain string.  Since this is the
default theme, perhaps we can simply use 'theme'.   So,
load_theme_textdomain('theme').  With this done, every call to __() and
_e() in the default theme must reference the textdomain.  Example:
__('string to translate', 'theme').  This tells gettext to look in the
message catalog for the 'theme' textdomain instead of the default
textdomain.

Ryan