[wp-polyglots] gettext default theme

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Sat Feb 26 22:38:20 GMT 2005

Ryan Boren wrote:
> A gettext version of the default theme is available here:
>
> http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/theme/
>
> This is the first draft.  There are still some several things that need
> to be done.
>
> Messages that contain multiple format specifiers need to number those
> specifiers.  For example, the following:
>
> You are currently browsing the <a href="%s">%s</a> weblog archives for %
> s.
>
> Must be changed to:
>
> You are currently browsing the <a href="%1$s">%2$s</a> weblog archives
> for %3$s.

I'll give it a try tonight.

> Also, some message constructions need to be changed.

> <?php _e('Posted in'); echo ' '; the_category(', ') ?>

> <?php _e('Posted in %s'); get_the_category_list(', ') ?>

Yes, the code needs a thorough review... Since I have internationalized parts of it, it will be a
good idea somebody else to have a look at it.

> I haven't created a pot file yet.  I'll do that once the above issues
> are addressed.
Maybe you could change your great shell script to make both the admin pot and the themes pot files?
And commit it to the wp-i18n tools for future use?

Nikolay