[wp-polyglots] New default theme missing strings

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Feb 21 22:30:19 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 14:17 -0800, Morgan Doocy wrote:
>If I understand correctly, this would eliminate the need for
>hard-translated copies of each theme altogether, and would instead make
>theme translation behavior similar to that of plugins:
>
>load_theme_textdomain("Kubrick");
>
>_e("Not found.", "Kubrick");
>
>Meaning that the /themes subdirectory of each locale in the repository
>would be populated not by hard-translated copies of themes, but by MO
>and PO files instead, nyes?

Each locale should still provide an in-line translation of the
non-gettext default theme.  Reading acid ramblings is bad enough.
Reading them in a language that's not your own is worse.

A gettext default theme would be offered purely to accommodate those
wanting to present their blog in multiple languages.

I think we can incorporate the strings for the gettext version of the
default theme into the default pot.  This way the strings would be
translated by all projects and be present should the user decide to use
the gettext version of the theme.

Ryan