[wp-polyglots] Tips for translating with Rosetta

Morgan Doocy morgan at doocy.net
Wed Feb 16 20:14:41 GMT 2005

How to resolve this issue is up to the interpretation of the
translators. Different languages might have different cultural
"thresholds" for using formal or informal verb conjugations. In fact,
it could even vary between locales of the same language.

With regards to French specifically, personally I'd think the "vous"
form would be used, but idioms and the like would be kept as formal or
informal as the source message. The thing is, I'm not French, so I
don't have the cultural context to back that up; perhaps it's more
common or acceptable to use "tu" in software -- it's all up to the
interpretation of the translators.

Morgan