[Wp-install] Retire install4free.wordpress.com please

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 04:31:22 GMT 2007

Lloyd Budd wrote:
> Every few weeks, I get an email from a concerned WordPress.com
> customer that wants to make sure that we know that
> install4free.wordpress.com is there and it is not a scam. Some of them
> do not understand that there is also an installable version.
>
> Anyway, it has been plenty of time to get
> http://install4free.wordpress.net going.

Yeah, I'm really sorry about taking so long. At the moment, I'm coding
the whole bang lot from scratch all by myself, and if anyone wants
commit access on the SVN repository, I'd gladly give it to you. I would
appreciate the help.

For the most part, it works (you can try it out yourself if you like),
just the backend is unpolished/nonpresent. In trunk, I have a working
profile page, and it wouldn't be hard to add a list of open tickets.

Also, I'm still waiting on Mark for getting SSL going. I already have a
certificate (signed by CAcert, as I have 100 'assurance points' from
them) - just that he needs to set up SSL for me. If I go to
https://install4free.wordpress.net/ it responds in HTTP.

--
Jeremy Visser