[Wp-install] Samples of intro email and after install is completed email

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Sat Jul 22 20:47:20 GMT 2006

Since I was composing this for the latest volunteer samboll, thought I'd
share this info with the group.

Here's a sample email I send to requesting individuals asking for their
login info
-
Hi John,

I'm know as MichaelH http://wordpress.org/support/profile/18989 on the
WordPress Support Forums.

You've asked that we install WordPress at your site.

Once you provide the following information, I'll  proceed to install
WordPress 2.0.3 at the domain you specify.

What is the domain WordPress is to be installed in?

Who is your host (example www.godaddy.com)?

Where do you login to manage your host account (example Cpanel login)?

What is your host login?

What is your host password?

What is your ftp IP address?

What is your ftp login?

What is your ftp password?

Thank you.

<my signature blog and phone number here>
--send of sample email asking for information

Here's a sample of the email I send after I've completed the install:
Hi John,

Okay your WordPress blog is now available at:
http://www.johnsblog.com/wordpress/

You can access your administrative login at:
http://www.johnsblog.com/wordpress/wp-login.php
Username: admin
Password: e4e4ec

Pertinent database information from your wordpress/wp-config.php file
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('DB_NAME', 'johnsblog_wordpress');    // The name of the database
define('DB_USER', 'johnsblog_john');     // Your MySQL username
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'xyxxl0718'); // ...and password
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');    // 99% chance you won't need to change
this value

// You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a
unique prefix
$table_prefix  = 'wp_';   // Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!

Please visit the WordPress Documentation site:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page

If you want to be able to access your WordPress blog by just typing
http://www.johnblog.com see:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory

You can ask further question at: http://wordpress.org/support/

Good luck and Welcome to WordPress!

<my signature blog and phone number here>
-end of sample email after install

MichaelH