[wp-hackers] wp_get_image_editor

J.D. Grimes jdg at codesymphony.co
Sat Jun 13 13:00:36 UTC 2015

Don't believe a word the codex tells you. If you want the truth, go to the source. (I'm exaggerating slightly. ;-)

The docs for the function don't even mention the word URL: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_get_image_editor/

The name of the parameter is even $path. So of course it accepts a local file path. But it does accept URLs too: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/classes/wp_image_editor_gd/load/

Feel free to update the codex to clarify this. :-)

-J.D.