[wp-hackers] prevent theme's functions.php from loading in wp-settings

Nicholas Ciske nl at thoughtrefinery.com
Mon May 5 14:56:12 UTC 2014

Tried define( 'SHORTINIT', true ); ? That keeps wp-settings.php from loading in the first place.

What if you define 'WP_INSTALLING' to something? That would seem to preclude the loading of functions.php -- but feels hacky.

See also:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/load-wp-core-in-another-framework-shortinit-wp_query

Or perhaps you need to reframe the problem and just use a WP Ajax handler instead?

Nick Ciske
http://thoughtrefinery.com/
@nciske