[wp-hackers] Redundant rewrite rules help

BenderisGreat greglancaster71 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 21:13:17 UTC 2014

I have a number of rewrite rules, and they all are prefaces with the same
initial rule;

    add_rewrite_rule('member/([^/]+)$', 'index.php?member=$matches[1]',
'top');

If I have another page after member, it would look like this;

    add_rewrite_rule('member/([^/]+)/second_var/?$',
'index.php?member=$matches[1]&second_var=second_var', 'bottom');

Is there a way to automatically include the top level rewrite rule on all
the rest?  I am trying to make this more dynamic, and this makes it
difficult.