[wp-hackers] GSoC 2014 : iOS Sharing library

Bryan Petty bryan at ibaku.net
Thu Mar 20 05:18:15 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:47 AM, maxday <got2bex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then iOS developers could use this library in their own app to provide their
> users with a "share with wordpress feature".

Doesn't the WordPress iOS app already provide this functionality? I
don't have an iOS device to test with quickly here, but I know that
the WordPress Android app already does this exactly as the platform
has intended it to be provided.

Maybe I'm just not quite correctly understanding the scope with which
we would need a separate API just to provide this functionality in
addition to the platform's built-in sharing mechanisms that users are
already familiar with, nor why a 3rd party app would want to implement
this instead of using the built-in APIs that are designed to allow
sharing anything with any number of other networks besides just a WP
blog based on other installed applications.

Regards,
Bryan Petty