[wp-hackers] [GSoC 2014] unique idea: Interactive Drag & Drop Content Editor

Erik Engi kireerike at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:08:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,

You are right Nikola. My idea is to make site-building with WordPress even
more easier. Also, if this project will be realized, than I think even
those who are not site builders will be able to create and design a unique
customized template or layout for WordPress. So I am sure it can be a new
milestone in WordPress development.
Thank you for explaining my idea from an other view!

Dear Aaron, I didn't used GSAP before. I used my own JavaScript animation()
function based on CSS animations instead, but some moth ago I read this
article: http://css-tricks.com/myth-busting-css-animations-vs-javascript/It
was really impressing for me, so I decided: if I start a new project I
will use GASAP for animations.
WordPress is free of charge, so I thought it is okay to use GSAP for
open-source projects, but now I know I can't use it for a WordPress plugin,
because the issue you mentioned. So if you support my idea, than I should
use something else maybe stay at the proven CSS animations.
Thank you for mentioning this licence compatibility problem!

Thank you all for your answers!

 Regards,
Erik Engi

> You mention wishing to use GSAP (http://www.greensock.com/gsap-js/),
> however the license (http://www.greensock.com/terms_of_use.html) doesn't
> appear to be gpl2+ compliant, specifically the LIMITATION OF LICENSE AND
> RESTRICTIONS section.
>
> http://aaron.jorb.in
> twitter: twitter.com/aaronjorbin
>

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:05 PM, K.Adam White <kadamwhite at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > CEUX has actually been picked up recently by Diego de Oliveira, who is
> > working to move forward with the original vision that was discussed last
> > fall. It's not as vivacious as WP-API or some of the other feature plugin
> > options, but don't count it out--if you're interested, we'd welcome you
> > come watch the repo and chime in with the discussion!
> >
> > https://github.com/melchoyce/ceux
> >
> > K. Adam White
> > kadamwhite at gmail.com
> > 401.575.7829
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Nikola Nikolov <nikolov.tmw at gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > CEUX seems to be a modular content editor, while Erik is proposing more
> > of
> > > a site-builder solution(where you can change and drag-drop each detail
> of
> > > the page and not just the content).
> > >
> > > On a side note it's sad that CEUX got put on hold - it seems to have
> > pretty
> > > good potential in it.

> > > commercial
> > > stand-alone