[wp-hackers] GSoC 2014 Questions

Bryan Petty bryan at ibaku.net
Mon Mar 3 22:22:40 UTC 2014

I'd just like to note that Keith has some very good points here, and
just to add to that...

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Benedict, Keith (Digital)
<KBenedict at postmedia.com> wrote:
> The alternative to a local build is you can use the build service for phone gap, however....If you are not paying for an account you are restricted to a 10 MB project.  If you are paying, you can get up to 50mb project.

Things like this make it prohibitive for other contributors to get
involved, or for the core team to continue maintenance on the
application. This doesn't work well for an open source project.

It's just not something I think the core team wants to commit to,
especially not with the existing native projects already in place,
which are already doing a great job overall.

Regards,
Bryan Petty