[wp-hackers] Mobile In-app Search and View Comments Gsoc 2014

Gandharv Kapoor gandharv11047 at iiitd.ac.in
Sun Mar 2 16:42:18 UTC 2014

My name is Gandharv Kapoor . I am a 3rd year student currently perusing CSE
at IIIT Delhi.
I have a descent prior experience in development on android platform. My
main idea of interest is "In-app Search" in wordpress android application,
reason being i have prior experience in coding my own custom search in some
my application.

Here's an example (Link to my application
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=iiitd.ngo.findaway>) where i
implemented my custom search on ListAdapter which required searching
through restaurant names, discount and location through a common input.

Now coming back to wordpress application which as u said on gsoc page lack
the search capabilities , i have got the following queries :

   - Do you require a single search input for all these (post,comments etc)
   ?
   - Do you require an in-place searching , meaning as users enters letters
   by letters the screen keeps filtering matching terms or do you require a
   complete new matching result page which has got all the results?

Also i wont mind taking up an extra load on working on "View comments"
tasks, that can be a goal for 2nd evaluation (deliverable).
Would love to hear back from you.

Regards
Gandharv
gandharv11047 at iiitd.ac.in