[wp-hackers] Options table' varchar 64.

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:47:13 UTC 2014

Now giving it a second thought, and considering what Morgan has brought
into the picture on this very quesition, doing this at a plug-in activation
time does not sound to me as good of an idea as it did an hour ago.  :)

If it's gonna take that much of time, then every time WP updates, ( and as
part of this update, all plugins are automatically deactivated and then
re-activated ) a nd as a result of this, some users will experience such
slowness, and my plug in would be the one causing that, it's hard for me to
take that route... See what I mean?

I think if that code were to be planted in the wp-config.php file instead,
then that would have been better.

At wp-config, and every time it runs ( meaning at each page load), a
constant can be probed to see if it is defined or not.

If that constant is defined, I can drive the fact that the  option names
has already been upped to varchar(128).

What say you?