[wp-hackers] These Aged Eyes
lloydomattic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 05:24:29 UTC 2014
Although I've continued to marvel at the evolution of WordPress as the web
publishing platform, only today did I open the kimono again after a few
years. WordPress Development is equally as marvelous!
I'm currently focused on volunteering in a capacity related to CI & QA for
wordpress-mobile. I wanted to share a few observations related to areas
that challenged these old eyes:
* The handbook would benefit from describing the relationship b/w
core.svn.wp.org and the full development tree provided by develop.svn.wp.org
Thankfully, my google-fu led me to find
* Related to those developments (pun!) many pages in the Download sidebar
* https://wordpress.org/download/beta/ could be combined with
* https://wordpress.org/download/svn/ &
* https://wordpress.org/download/source/ & http://xref.wordpress.org/
* Browse Happy looks to still be used in core, but
https://github.com/WordPress/browsehappy appears orphaned ... only now
found http://meta.svn.wordpress.org/sites/trunk/browsehappy.com/ and
after coming across https://code.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/281 .
I look forward to the opportunity to circle back and make my own
contributions around core. Which might start by reporting these
non-critical issues if someone else doesn't grab the baton meantime.
Disclosure: I was previously employed by Automattic and still own a small
amount of equity in the company.
More information about the wp-hackers