[wp-hackers] Change the user avatar url to a user meta field url?

Nikola Nikolov nikolov.tmw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 11:33:22 UTC 2014

I personally would go with the filters. Simply because there might be a
third plugin that says - "hey this user should have a special avatar(the
user added a "badge" to their photo for instance), I'll add my filter last
and I'll return my output".

After all that's the whole purpose of filters and actions in WordPress :)