[wp-hackers] How to use $wpdb in plugins

Eric Andrew Lewis eric.andrew.lewis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 16:35:43 UTC 2014

I think the best practice here is to define and use the $wpdb global in every method you need it. You could perhaps store it by reference in a class variable, or create a singleton wrapper for accessing $wpdb, but both of these are stepping out of the “WordPress” way, and add a level of abstraction that isn’t adding much benefit, and perhaps confusing other programmers that touch your code.

--
Eric Andrew Lewis