[wp-hackers] Simplest way to create a custom language pack for the purpose of markup only?

Aahan Krish krish+wphackers at aahan.me
Tue Feb 25 03:46:49 UTC 2014

Hello Otto,

WPLANG option in the individual site settings in network admin won't save
until there are necessary language files. Hence the question, what's the
simplest way to create language files?

Can I simply download the UK English (en_GB) version of WordPress and
simply replace all instances of en_GB in the language file names (files
residing in wp-content/languages) with en_IN? Is that sufficient?

If yes (to the question right above), where can I get the language files
for en_US? I'd prefer US English to UK English in the dashboard; I am used
to it.