[wp-hackers] Simplest way to create a custom language pack for the purpose of markup only?

Aahan Krish krish+wphackers at aahan.me
Thu Feb 20 16:35:58 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'd like to create a language pack, en_IN i.e., Indian English, based on
the default WordPress language (en_US). All I need is the markup `en-IN` or
`en_IN` instead of the defaults (`en-US` or `en_US`) where appropriate.

For e.g.

Instead of:

And, another instance:

instead of:

So, what'd be the simplest way to create a language pack so that it has the
same translation string definitions as en_US, but outputs the right
language attribute values (`en-IN` or `en_IN` depending on the attribute)?

Thanks!