[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin inspections

Peter van der Does peter at avirtualhome.com
Thu Feb 20 12:33:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 08:55:52 +0000
Harry Metcalfe <harry at dxw.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I share your view that certification is of limited value :)
>
> However, I don't think I'm going to get into a debate on this one. I
> think it's pretty obvious that spaghetti code is more likely to be
> bad, and this is all that criterion means. So I think I'll leave it
> at that.
>
> Harry

Listen I don't disagree that spaghetti code is bad, I just understand
the reasoning that this would downgrade a plugin for it's usage.

What you are saying is that you would consider to downgrade a safety
test of a car because the car is dirty, and well that means it's likely
to have bad welding but if it's all shiny it's fine.

You can't say code is bad without giving reasons why. How can you
expect a developer to improve his grade if you don't tell him what's
wrong.

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: CB317D6E