[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin inspections

Harry Metcalfe harry at dxw.com
Wed Feb 19 23:45:06 UTC 2014

On 19/02/2014 23:02, Madalin Ignisca wrote:
> Hi Harry,
>
> I agree with your idea with the reviews on dxw.com, but as Eric mentioned,
> you need some certifications to become an authority and trusted in this.
>
> If not, this will just cause just a dispute and fight on each side.

That's fair comment. I suppose we'll just have to see. Of course, people
are free not to use the site!
> My personal opinion, I would not trust 100% your reviews as you "green"
> some plugins I'd run away from and "red/yellow" a few that really need a
> more relevant review, but you have some good points on a few "red" labeled.
Good. That's exactly how it's supposed to work!

> Mentioning here on almost all your responses about this service doesn't
> makes you money it's pointless, you should be proud that you want to
> contribute to the WordPress community and stop complaining about money.
Sorry if I've come across as complaining. I'm not, at all. We are doing
this in order to contribute to the community - if we didn't care, we
wouldn't have bothered. I hope the site may make some money one day but
that is not it's main motivation.
> If you want only money, then I suggest you review more on "premium" stuff, as
> WordPress.org has a team of members that do reviews and
> approve/disapproving plugins and themes and in WordPress.org case we should
> have a really nice chat about how we can improve this service so plugins
> and themes that would not respect all standards we vote for should be
> excluded until corrected as should.
I'm all for that. I think there's room for both! And up for a nice chat
any time :)

Harry