[wp-hackers] Introduction to Wordpress

kshitij prasad kshtjprasad123 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 01:34:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am Kshitij Prasad, a fourth year undergraduate in Computer Science
student from IIIT Hyderabad, India. I came across Wordpress through the
GSoC 2013 project list. I am quite interested in php development. I would
love to work for this organization during this summer as a part of GSoC. I
have a proficient knowledge of PHP and JavaScript.

I have downloaded the code and integrated it with Netbeans. I am also
currently going through the documentation available on the website. I have
read the codebase documentation and have some basic knowledge of the
workflow of the code. I am interested in the plugin development. I have
read the documentation regarding plugin development.

This is the first time I am working with Open Source development and it'd
be really helpful if a mentor could guide me through the process of
contributing to the organization. Also, if someone from the community has
some useful links/resources for new comers, that'd be great!

Thanks,
Kshitij Prasad
Computer Science Undergraduate
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad