[wp-hackers] Are CPTs meant to be used for listings (like books, movies)?

Simon Vart simon.vart at exigences.biz
Sat Feb 8 09:08:37 UTC 2014

CPT are posts. Same behaviors, but they are automatically listed in posts
lists (you need to add code to add them in main query or uses CPT archives).
CPT don't use permalinks with the % category% - only the % postname% will
work out of the box.
So if you plan to deal with those posts to be listed and accounted with
regular posts, just use categories.
If they are going to be on separate lists and pages, use CPT.