[wp-hackers] Discontinuing a plugin on WordPress.org

BjornW burobjorn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 11:38:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

For those of you looking for the Crowdfunding plugin sourcecode. I added
this to my Github repos a few months back. The last commit from the
original repo was from 23rd april. If anyone has a newer version, let me
know, but for now you'll at least have access to the sourcecode.

https://github.com/BjornW/crowdfunding

ps: I'm not planning to maintain this plugin, just sharing it as a
courtesy to fellow developers.

On 08/08/2014 01:36 PM, Nikola Nikolov wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was working with a client that was using the Fundify WordPress theme,
> which was powered by a combination of Fundify Crowdfunding(
> https://wordpress.org/plugins/appthemer-crowdfunding/ ) and EDD.
>
> I wanted to download the source of the plugin to my computer to easily
> navigate through the codebase. On the plugin page they've added "(Moved)"
> to the name of the plugin.
> Once I extracted the archive, there was nothing but an empty .php file and
> a readme.txt file.
>
> My question in this case is - is this allowed and isn't that a terrible way
> of discontinuing a plugin? What if someone updates the plugin and their
> site stops working? Or someone installs the plugin and nothing happens...
>
> Is there anything the WordPress.org plugins team can do about it?
>
> Best regards,
> Nikola

met vriendelijke groet,
Bjorn Wijers

* b u r o b j o r n .nl *
digitaal vakmanschap | digital craftsmanship

Postbus 14145
3508 SE Utrecht
The Netherlands

tel: +31 6 49 74 78 70