[wp-hackers] How do you "version" content?

Nikola Nikolov nikolov.tmw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:42:13 UTC 2014

I personally haven't had the chance to get it yet, but I'd highly recommend
the Migrate DB Pro plugin(
https://deliciousbrains.com/wp-migrate-db-pro/). Although as I took a
look at their prices, I'm kind of sad :( The
developer version used to be like $100 for unlimited sites. Now it's $200
and limited to 100 installs(you can deactivate the license on any of your
sites, but still).
I would still say that even though it's much pricier now, it's still going
to make your life a whole lot easier. It has pull/push that is pretty easy
to use. They recently added a media add-on that allows you to sync your
media files as well.

Usually I would do one of the following things:
 - Use Migrate DB(the free version) in order to get a DB export with new
URL's and then upload it to the target server
 - Download a DB copy through phpMyAdmin, upload it to the new server and
if possible use wp-cli's search-replace command

They're both more time consuming, but right now I can't toss-away about 7
to 10 hours of paid work time just to get the plugin :)