[wp-hackers] Help with get_users()

Mike Walsh mpwalsh8 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 16:53:16 UTC 2013

It turns out I had forgotten that get_users() has some "magic"
functionality and I was all wrapped around the axel trying to figure out
how to return the user meta data I wanted via get_users().  I don't have to
do anything special, it does it automatically.

See:  http://lists.automattic.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2012-June/043340.html
See also:  http://scribu.net/wordpress/the-magic-of-wp_user.html

Once I remembered this I got back on track quickly and resolved my problem
and have eliminated the complex query.  I was helping a user with one of my
plugins and determined that the original query was causing this MySQL error:

#1104 - The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your
WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the
SELECT is okay

Mike