[wp-hackers] Transient key best practice

Nikola Nikolov nikolov.tmw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 19:54:19 UTC 2013

Additionally, if you want to be able to get all transients created by your
plugin(for whatever reasons you might have), you can simply prefix the
md5-ed hash with something(like "nsyt_{$md5_hash}").

If you wouldn't need to get all of your plugin's transients, you can
most-likely drop the namespace, although it can never hurt - md5() is 1)
fast, 2) the hash is always the same length. So 10 characters more or less
doesn't make a huge impact IMO.