[wp-hackers] Cached pages on wordpress.org after plugin update

Simon Blackbourn piemanek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 16:51:19 UTC 2013

Not sure where's the best place to send this so thought I'd try here first.

I updated http://wordpress.org/plugins/intercom-for-wordpress/ earlier
today to version 0.7 which involved some important changes to the
description, FAQ and changelog in the readme.txt file.

The download link on the description page is correctly showing 0.7, but the
description text has not updated. The other pages are all showing a
download link for version 0.6 and the text has not updated on any of them.

I've checked the Subversion repo and the readme.txt file has definitely
updated, so it looks like a caching issue, so I'm wondering

a) how long does it usually take for the cached pages to refresh?

b) would it be possible to set something somewhere so that when a plugin is
updated, all pages for that plugin are automatically flushed from the cache?

Cheers
Simon