[wp-hackers] Recommendations for an affordable, SECURE, WordPress host

marka999 at hushmail.com marka999 at hushmail.com
Fri Sep 6 04:42:57 UTC 2013

The host has no clue what he is doing. Its clear to me know its just a
one man show by someone with no real skills. I should have known
better with how cheap it was, but I needed a host quickly and
inexpensively. This was a case of I got what I paid for. I even
prepaid for a full year because it was such a good deal. BAD MISTAKE.
He won't even give me a prorated refund due to the circumstances.

Moral of the story, STAY AWAY from ideastack.com.

On Thursday, September 05, 2013 at 11:50 AM, "Patrick Laverty"
wrote:On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM,  wrote:

> I can tell from the logs one of their other customers exploited
their
> server to access my theme files. My hosts response...we terminated
the
> offending account.
Sounds like that host was vulnerable to the symlink hack. I don't know
this
for a fact, but if accounts are not properly jailed off from each
other,
this is certainly possible.

http://thecybersaviours.com/wordpress-hack-through-symlink-bypass