[wp-hackers] WordPress extended.

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 09:24:41 UTC 2013

Nacin, thanks for the feedback.

I ended up that extended page in really two clicks.

On the wordpress dashboard, I see the message - which is totally
cannot-be-missed, and that is

WordPress 3.7.1 <http://codex.wordpress.org/Version_3.7.1> is available! Please
update now <http://localhost/ic/wp-admin/update-core.php>.

Then, I click on "wordpress 3.7.1" link and that brings me to  the "
http://codex.wordpress.org/Version_3.7.1"
and right there, and right above the fold, I see this;

If you are new to WordPress, we recommend that you begin with the following:

>    - New To WordPress - Where to Start<http://codex.wordpress.org/New_To_WordPress_-_Where_to_Start>
>

>    - First Steps With WordPress<http://codex.wordpress.org/First_Steps_With_WordPress>
>     or Upgrading WordPress Extended<http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress_Extended>
>

>    - WordPress Lessons <http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Lessons>
>
> But anyway, I understand that they are the same thing.

As Baki responded the "extended" one is simply more detailed than the
other. That's all there is to it.

But my 2 cents is that "WordPress Extended" comes across as if it were to
be something different than "WordPress".