[wp-hackers] Dynamic User Pages - How Does BuddyPress do it?

Nikola Nikolov nikolov.tmw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 20:33:09 UTC 2013

What I would probably do is to add a drop-down in your plugin's interface,
asking the user to pick a page that would be used as a profile page.

You can then modify the query in the 'parse_request' action(you will be
passed the $wp object and not $wp_query - keep that in mind) and tell
WordPress to load the page with ID of whatever page the admin has chosen to
be profile page. This way WordPress will still load a normal page
template(and not the 404 template) and you will be able to use the
'the_content' filter to put whatever you want there :)

It's a bit late here, but if you can't figure it out or there's no one else
to guide you along, I'll be able to provide you with a sample code tomorrow
at some point.

Nikola