[wp-hackers] i love wordpress support for php functions, but this what happens with every upgrade of jquery...

Konrad Karpieszuk kkarpieszuk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 10:20:24 UTC 2013

Nikola, i know how to register own version of jquery, but as you wrote:

"Keep in mind that this might break other plugins that depend
on the latest version of jQuery."

exactly: registering own version o jQ looks like waiting for troubles. i
hate when i see that some plugin developers do this and i see that beacouse
of that wordpress is linking to some cdn with quite old version.

i think wordpress core developers really shouldnt bring cutting edge of
jquery with every minor upgrade of this cms. in php functions support for
old and deprecated is very good, but in javascript looks like horror for
front end developers

--
(en) regards / (pl) pozdrawiam
Konrad Karpieszuk