[wp-hackers] Tracking memory usage without turning plugins on/off one-by-one

David Anderson david at wordshell.net
Sat Nov 30 17:17:13 UTC 2013

On 25/11/13 18:36, various hackers wrote:
> Found this the other day. Have not had a chance to try it.
>
> https://github.com/johnbillion/QueryMonitor
and
> Also possible
> http://wordpress.org/plugins/debug-objects/
and
> P3 works well: http://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions... I think I should have explained further..

In my original inquiry, I said - " e.g. Can is there a good way to
answer questions like "when the peak memory usage during load is hit,
which parts of WordPress were the main culprits?"

I don't see how any of the three suggestions above help with this, other
than that they display the peak memory usage, and then I can turn my
plugins on/off one-by-one (which is what I wanted to avoid, since I have
around 32 of them). Am I missing something?

What I'm hoping to do is be able to correlate memory usage against
execution flow. Such that I can get a report of what was using the
memory at the moment that peak memory usage was hit.

The link to XHprof looks much more promising. I see there's a WordPress
plugin - http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-xhprof-profiler/ - not updated
for 12 months, but that's probably recent enough to work.

Best wishes,
David