[wp-hackers] Further on security & encryption

Jeff Rose jeff at jeffrose.ca
Wed Nov 20 22:11:22 UTC 2013

Hi Otto et al:

Otto, thanks for the reply. I got my source to send me the law they were
referring to and it's here:
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB46

It doesn't, that I could read, do what I said it does in requiring
encryption of usernames.

It's a good read, and does suggest that the state would act on behalf of
it's citizens in the event of a breach of information on any site, any
where.

I'm not a lawyer and don't pretend to be (except as I watch Judge Judy) so
everyone should consult a profession person of the law for interpretation.

--
Jeff Rose