[wp-hackers] HipHop?

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Mon Nov 18 12:11:38 UTC 2013

David Anderson wrote:
> Does anyone have experience, positive or negative, running WordPress on
> top of the HipHop virtual machine (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HipHop_for_PHP) ?
>
> How well does it go, if you have a fairly arbitrary selection of plugins?

Also: If anyone has had any problems with it, please let me know and
I'll pass your feedback on to the HHVM developers. They're pretty
interested in supporting WP, and I've spoken with them about a few
issues in it.

The main thing you'll see is plugins using the ARRAY_A/OBJECT constants
from wpdb in a case-insensitive manner; HHVM's constants are
case-sensitive. Well-made plugins should always be using the uppercase
variants of these.

--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>